Wednesday, December 18, 2019

About Me


Hi.  I'm Janet. Thanks for visiting.

My induction to the world of cooking came from my mother.  She would spend an entire day babysitting a cauldron of beef bones for French Onion Soup or she'd put whole heads of cabbage into brine to make sauerkraut for Cabbage Rolls.  She was fearless in the kitchen.  No ethnic dishes deterred her.  She was making her own corn tortillas from scratch before Taco Bell became popular.

I too love making my own ethnic feasts but my true passion is baking. Trying out new recipes for family and friends was and still is exciting, scary, frustrating but oh so inspirational.  I've had so many recipes that were 'okay' and others that we loved from the start.  Through out the years recipes were retried, modified and retested to become our favourites.

Now I'd like to share them with you.  I hope you can find something that will inspire you to get into the kitchen.



No comments:

Post a Comment