Thursday, September 3, 2026

Lemon Pancakes

For my friend Laura



Lemon Pancakes  

                                                                           
1 c. cottage cheese (I use ricotta cheese)
2 large eggs
1¾  c. milk
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. neutral oil (I use grapeseed oil)
2 tsp. vanilla extract 
zest of 1 lemon
2 cups all purpose flour ( I use 1½ c. white and ½ c. wholewheat)
2¼ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt

  1. Place the cottage cheese in a large bowl and use a fork to smash the curds into small bits as much as possible.  If you use ricotta you can skip this step.  Stir in the eggs, milk, maple syrup, oil and vanilla.  Grate zest right into the bowl.  Stir well.
  2. In another bowl add the flour and rest of the ingredients.  Mix together well.  Add to the wet ingredients and stir until just mixed.  Don't over mix.  Some lumps are okay.  Let rest for about  5 minutes.
  3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Scoop 1 to 3 tablespoons of batter on and cook till bubbles appear and the bottom is golden.  Flip and continue.  I use a heaping tablespoon for the little ones and of course a much larger scoop for the rest.
This makes a lot but it freezes really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment