Thursday, May 28, 2020

Oatmeal Coconut Cookies

In these days of physical distancing and self isolation, I have done a lot of baking and when I can, have shared my bounty.  I find I have favourites that I make over and over.  My family love them but I didn't feel they were good enough for my blog.  

Well, I guess I was wrong.  These cookies were really enjoyed by a good friend and her family.  She wanted the recipe.  These Oatmeal Coconut Cookies are the right balance of crunchewieness, little sweet but not too much.  As an extra when the mood is right, they are great sandwiched with vanilla ice cream. 😋  
Here you go Mary.







Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
                                                           this make a lot, ~4 dozen

1 cup butter
¾ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup all purpose flour
2 cups quick cooking oats
¾ cup unsweetened or sweetened shredded coconut
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
optional:
 ½ cup raisins (cut coconut to ½ cup)
  1. In a stand mixer, beat butter and both brown and white sugar.  Add egg and cream well.
  2. Turn off mixer and then add rest of the ingredients into the bowl trying to distribute the ingredients over the whole bowl.  Mix well.
  3. Drop by tablespoons onto parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
  4. Bake in 350℉ oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges.
  5. Let cool slightly and place on wire rack to cool completely.



1 comment:

  1. Hey Janet ! Good for you for creating this blog. I love the recipes. Your baking is taking after your Mom and I think your auntie Minnie too. I loved the light crunchy texture of their cookies. Miss you. Stay well. Love you

    ReplyDelete